What is Laser Vision Correction
The Eye Center performs LASIK and PRK with the Visx STAR S4 Excimer Laser. This represents the most advanced state-of-the-art technology available anywhere in the United States. These two lasers have been ergonomically combined and optimized into the Visx STAR S4 Excimer Laser to give the patient exceptional comfort and the doctor efficiency in performing vision correction procedures. Advancements in laser vision correction have included the development of faster excimer lasers and the use of femtosecond lasers to create more precise lamellar flaps. The Visx STAR S4 Excimer Laser combines the integration of two different lasers:
The Right Laser System For More Patients
The STAR S4 IR® Excimer Laser System is designed to bring Advanced CustomVue® laser vision correction to life. Featuring VSS technology (Variable Spot Scanning) and VRR (Variable Repetition Rate) pulse-packing algorithm, both proprietary to AMO, the STAR S4 IR® Excimer Laser reduces thermal effects on the cornea, allowing you to perform the Advanced CustomVue® procedure quickly and effectively, while maximizing patient safety.
Using the STAR S4 IR® Excimer Laser System, surgeons can deliver the broadest range of wavefront-guided laser vision correction treatments to patients. In fact, more than 94 percent of eligible candidates in the U.S., and more than 99.75 percent outside the U.S., may potentially benefit from the Advanced CustomVue® procedure.*
- Delivers benefits of Iris Registration (IR).
- Conserves tissue by optimizing treatment times and minimizing thermal effects on the cornea.
- Minimizes additional time for wavefront-guided custom treatment over conventional treatment.
- Eliminates the need for dilation; laser tracks on the natural pupil.
- Maximizes practice efficiency and workflow through ease of use and ergonomics.
- Adjusts for intra-patient (XYZ) movement with ActiveTrak to further improve treatment accuracy.
Contact us for more information about our life-changing services. To schedule an appointment, you may call 803-256-0641. For more detailed information about how the VISX STAR S4 IR laser click here.
*Market Scope 2005